Thursday, April 1, 2010

Welcome to Hell

"Hello! Thanks for shopping at The Bookstore!"

Now, let's start here, at this very statement...

How many times a day does the average awesome employee, "Me", greet the average American (or not) shoppers at illustrious "The Bookstore"?

Take about a ton of people/ungrateful sons of bitches an hour, times that by way more hours than a lazy bum like me wants to work and that comes to about...

TOO DAMN MANY.

Welcome to Hell or, as many people know it, Retail. The life of pretending you give a shit (or half a shit) about the numerous people/ungrateful sons of bitches and their "needs". Such a life revolves around YOU, the customer, and making your every little unreasonable wish come true. From a friendly (usually unanswered) hello to kissing your ass so my superiors won't kick mine, I do my best to make sure every trip to "The Bookstore" ends in a pleasurable shopping experience (for you).

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW EFFING UNREASONABLE AND STUPID YOU ARE?

No, you don't, and as an employee of "The Bookstore" it is my duty to keep smiling and never let on that I want to run you over in the parking lot...

Well, do I really wish you bodily harm? Hardly. I simply wish for you to educate yourself on how to be a pleasant human being when interacting with me (the employee). I don't get paid enough to seem like a Stepford associate. BUT that won't stop "The Bookstore" from replacing me with some other toolbag who thinks it's worth the money.

So to all you BUMBLING TROLL HEADS who think they can just waltz in to "The Bookstore" and foam at the mouth...

You've got a rude awakening.

Because now it's my turn to reveal the utter stupidity, unruliness, and audacity that the general public musters on a daily basis at "The Bookstore". No more will your bullshit excuses, terrible odors, and snide remarks (that are quite hurtful) go unpunished. Perhaps someone somewhere thinks you are worth all of this pampering, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! BUY YOUR SHIT AND LEAVE.

"And have a wonderful evening." *waves

1 comment: